An Introduction

This blog is a little bit about everything. My life as a mother, a wife, and owner of a home with an acre. We like to call it our family farm. My family currently consists of the human members- my husband, S and our two beautiful girls, B and O; then there are the animals- our dogs, Charlie & Lola Belle and our Chickens. Check back often, you never know when we'll add a new member! ; )

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Still no coop

Well, the coop has not arrived yet... but the good news is my brother is finished with it!  It should be coming down any time now.  He says for sure by next weekend, but we'll just put off the announcements until it is actually here.  Once here there will still be some work to do before it is completely finished- but at least that part will be up to me & S to get done and get those chickens in there!  We'll be painting the trim, putting wire over the windows, adding roosts and probably adding an automatic chicken door (more on that later, I'm sure).  Oh, and roofing!  It will have a plywood roof for now, since shingles would be damaged/come off while transporting it here, so we will be adding some roofing to protect the wood and prevent leaks.  The girls are getting a little antsy waiting for their new home to get here... oh, wait- that's just me getting antsy.  I can't wait!  ; )


B and O are now officially in school!  O is loving her preschool days and the teacher says it's like she's been going there forever.  No hesitation to jump right in to any activity and she doesn't even bat an eye when I leave from drop off.  Actually, she doesn't want to leave there when I go to pick her up!  B is in heaven at Kindergarten.  Every day she comes home excited about going back the next day and what fun things there are in store for her.  It makes me so happy to see them both loving it and doing so well in different environments and situations.  One of the worries I had as a stay-at-home mom was that they would be so used to being with me, it would be hard when they started school, but those fears are slowly melting away and it is wonderful.  B is also having a ball in soccer and had her first game this morning.  It's so fun to watch little ones run around attempting to play any "organized" team sport.  : )  Gotta love when the other team heads the wrong way and then makes a goal... in the wrong one.  Cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment